Thursday, December 26, 2013

[ROM] Skinny Kat 4.4.2 I9505GUEUBML4 [Google Experience] i9505G

[ROM] SKINNY KAT 4.4.2 I9505G ML4 [GOOGLE EXPERIENCE]

Welcome to the Skinny Kat ROM for the I9505G Google Edition Galaxy S4. This ROM is a lite version of ML4 based off of SamuriHL Odin package. ( Thanks SamuriHL ). Skinny Kat includes the Google Experience Launcher with Search, “Ok Google”. In order to package this ROM I used disk internals to unpack the system.img.ext4 from the Odin firmware package and then made my cuts and additions from there, everything else was packaged up in Dsixda Android Kitchen, thanks dsixda. 

PLEASE NOTE: I have not tested this myself because I no longer have the I9505G, I am running the N5 now. I am planning on adding some custom features and modifications to Skinny Kat so if you are interested in being a tester please let me know. occuapational_hazard & SamuriHL have been helping out but its good to have a few more because we all have busy lives. 

[ PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN FLASH THIS ON ANY OTHER PHONE BUT THE I9505G]

[Disclaimer] I nor anyone on this forum or XDA is responsible if you brick your phone; lose your job, or life as we know it ends. Modifying any phone comes with risk. You assume all those risks so please read and review the instructions carefully and if your still lost then use the search button. If your still lost ask someone we are here to help.

REMOVED APPS
Books.apk
Currents.apk
Drive.apk
GoogleEarth.apk
Holospiral
Keep.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers
Magazines.apk
Music2.apk
PlayGames.apk
PlusOne.apk
Quickoffice.apk
Videos.apk


INSTRUCTIONS

It is recommended that you update your firmware. Thanks again to SamuriHL for his work. 

If YOU ARE already on 4.4 then you can update your Modem ( baseband ) HERE
If YOU ARE NOT on 4.4 then it is RECOMMENED you update HERE

DOWNLOAD THE ROM …..HERE......

1. Place the ROM on your Internal or External SD Card
2. TWRP Recommended. Reboot into Recovery ( Make sure you do a Nandroid Backup! )
3. Advanced Wipe check Data, Dalvik, Cache, System.
4. Install ROM Reboot and Profit!

Please Note as with any ROM installation if you experience a bootloop or issues on startup then boot back into recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik and fix permissions.

THANKS to occupational_hazard and SamuriHL and of course my mentor and friend connexion2005


REPORTING 

Please report any legitimate bugs either in the thread or you can PM me.

IF YOU LIKE THE WORK YOU CAN

1. DONATE BY HITTING THE DONATE BUTTON
2. GET INVOLVED
3. PRESS THANKS
4. LEAVE GOOD COMMENTS 

No comments:

Post a Comment